How and why does Safety Network collect and hold your personal information?
Safety Network will only collect personal information about you by lawful and fair means, and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner.
It is Safety Network’s usual practice to collect personal information directly from you when you:
- register with any of our loyalty or marketing programs;
- complete any online form on one of our websites or online payment gateways;
- visit or use the Safety Network website (including any Safety Network forums);
- subscribe to marketing and sales material or communications;
- complete an online form on one of our social media channels;
- enter a Safety Network trade promotion or competition;
- complete an online form on one of our online advertisements that is placed on a third party website;
- complete and return to us a hard copy form that is provided with one of our products;
- request delivery of Safety Network products;
- make a purchase, return or exchange a product where we request you to verify your identity;
- contact us directly by telephone, via mail, e-mail or online via our websites or social media channels.
We may collect personal information about you from a third party or a publicly available source, but only if you have consented to such collection, or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information in this way.
Where we can, we will allow you to deal with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, in some circumstances, this may not be possible, and Safety Network may need to collect personal information from you to provide you with a delivery or other service. In some cases, if you do not provide the required personal information we will not be able to provide you with a service.
If we receive information about you from a third party and it is not information we need in respect of our business activities, we will destroy or de-identify that information (provided it is lawful to do so).
What kind of personal information does Safety Network collect and hold?
Any personal information that you provide directly or via other channels is collected and managed by Safety Network.
The types of personal information Safety Network may collect includes your:
- date of birth;
- marital status and family details;
- residential, business and postal address;
- email address;
- contact telephone numbers;
- identification details;
- testimonials or opinions;
- photos of you;
- financial information, such as credit card details;
- written or verbal contact with Safety Network, including voice recordings of telephone conversations you have had with our employees; and
- activities, including but not limited to lifestyle and other interests.
Whilst you may opt not to provide us with your personal information, you should be aware that without this personal information, we may not be able to provide you with some of the services and/or products you are seeking.
If you provide us with information about any third party, you must obtain that third party’s permission to give us the information and inform them that you have given the information to us.
How does Safety Network use your personal information?
We use your personal information for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to the following:
- to contact you in relation to our loyalty or marketing programs;
- to provide services and products to you;
- to answer your inquiries and deliver customer service to you;
- to tell you about other products that we think may be of interest to you;
- to maintain and improve customer services;
- to meet our legal obligations;
- to consider making offers for employment purposes;
- to manage and resolve any legal, consumer or commercial complaints and issues;
- to carry out internal functions including training; and
- to conduct marketing research and analysis.
In what circumstances will Safety Network disclose your personal information?
In the course of conducting our business and providing our products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information.
We only disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was given to us, or for purposes which are directly related to one of our functions or activities. We do not give it to anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- you would reasonably expect, or have been told, that your information is passed to those individuals, businesses or agencies; or
- it is otherwise required or authorised by law.
If we engage third party agents or contractors, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that they do not breach privacy requirements in relation to the information, before we share your personal information with them.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- to companies that perform services on our behalf, such as delivery companies, data entry service providers, trade promotion or gift card administration and account management providers;
- professional advisers (such as lawyers or auditors);
- payment systems operators and financial institutions;
- organisations authorised by Safety Network to conduct promotional, research or marketing activities;
- upon lawful request from law enforcement agencies or government authorities; and
- any persons acting on your behalf including those persons nominated by you, executors, trustees and legal representatives.
In all circumstances where your personal information is disclosed, we will take all steps reasonable to ensure that these third parties undertake to protect your privacy.
We are committed to compliance with all laws and requirements relating to the use of your personal information. We will only use or disclose your personal information for direct marketing purposes if you have provided your information for that purpose (and you would expect us to use the information for that purpose), or if you have provided consent for your information to be used in this way.
From time to time, we may contact you with information about products and services offered by us and our related entities and our business partners, which we think may be of interest to you. When we contact you it may be by mail, telephone, email, SMS/text message or social media message.
Where we use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing, we will:
- allow you to request not to receive direct marketing communications (also known as ‘opting-out’); and
- comply with your request to ‘opt-out’ of receiving further communications within a reasonable timeframe.
Safety Network will only ever contact you if we have obtained your consent, and you can ask to be removed from our marketing lists at any time by contacting us directly.
If you do not wish to be contacted by Safety Network, please e-mail us at [email protected]
Use of Government Identifiers
Safety Network will not use Government Identifiers, such as a driver’s licence number as its own identifier of individuals.
Data Quality and Security
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored securely and is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The personal information that we collect about you is stored on our database servers & filing systems managed by us in Australia.
Our websites are professionally hosted and operate in a secure environment. You should however be aware that there is always an inherent risk in transmitting your personal information via the Internet.
We use secure payment platforms to process online orders in an SSL-secure environment. Customers can see their cards being debited in real time.
We take website and credit card security extremely seriously, and always endeavour to provide a secure safe platform on which to conduct online transactions. All our websites use 2048- bit SSL with up to 256- bit encryption for capturing personal information and processing transactions. We do not store your credit card details
To ensure you are accessing a secure server, check for the unbroken key or closed lock symbol located generally either at the bottom left or top right of your browser window. If it appears, then SSL is active. You can double check this by looking at the URL as well. If SSL is active, then the first characters of that line will read ‘https’ rather than just ‘http’. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer.
Ensure you logout when you have finished visiting our websites especially if you accessed them from a shared computer.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small amount of information that a website transfers to your computer for record keeping purposes.
The data that is collected may include IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, the pages and files viewed, searches, operating system and system configuration information and date/time stamps associated with your usage.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are four main types.
- site functionality cookies – these allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Cart” and “Add to Wishlist”;
- site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience;
- customer preference cookies – when you’re browsing or shopping on our website(s), these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you; and
- targeting or advertising cookies – these are used to deliver ads relevant to They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Cookies help provide additional functionality to our website(s) and help us analyse site usage more accurately. We use information collected from cookies to better understand, customise and improve user experience with our websites, services and offerings, as well as to manage our advertising. For instance, our server may set a cookie that keeps you from having to enter a password more than once during a visit to one of our websites. Also, we may use web analytics services that leverage cookies to help us to understand how visitors engage with and navigate our site (e.g. how and when pages in a site are visited and by how many visitors).
Cookies also help us provide website visitors with a more personalized, customized and relevant experience by delivering content and functionality based on individual preferences and interests. If you have provided us with personal information (e.g. through a registration or a request for certain materials), we may associate this personal information with information gathered through cookies.
Cookies and Google Analytics
How to manage cookies
Your web browser can be set to allow you to control whether you will accept cookies, reject cookies or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your browser. If your browser is set to reject cookies, websites that are cookie-enabled will not recognise you when you return to the website, and some website functionality may be lost. The “Help” section of your browser may tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies.
Cookies and Personal Information
Links to Third Party Sites
Whilst links to third party websites may be provided on our website, we are not responsible for the content or practices of these third-party websites.
These links are provided for your convenience and do not represent Safety Network’s endorsement of any linked third-party website. We recommend that you check the privacy policies of these third parties prior to providing them with your personal information.
No links may be made to this website without our prior written consent.
How you can access or correct your personal information
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you at any time, and we will
provide you with that information unless we are prevented by law from giving it to you.
If we are unable to give you access to the information you have requested, we will give you reasons for this decision when we respond to your request.
You will not be charged for accessing your information, although we might have to charge a reasonable fee for processing your request, including photocopying, administration and postage. We will provide you with a written estimate of any fee payable before we process your request.
If you believe that your personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date, please contact us via the contact details below and we will correct this information.
How you can notify us of a privacy concern or contact our Privacy Contact Officer
- have queries, concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by Safety Network;
- or would like to request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you;
Email: [email protected]
If you consider your privacy concerns have not been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, you can contact:
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or visit their website at www.oaic.gov.au.